Thursday 30 May 2013

2 Weeks

Tour pack arrived in the post yesterday. The final piece of the tour jigsaw one might say. It contains the maps, e-tickets, itinery, hotel details, distances and just about everything you are going to want to know whilst away. It's when you get this that you really feel you are going away.....the excitement level is ramped up a notch.

Having this also gives me an opportunity to plot the route on google maps. The boys at work are counting on me printing them a map, so they can follow my progress day by day. There is a magnetic mini-me on a cutout motorbike which they move about the map. Plotting the route also gives me an insight into the sort of roads and terrain to expect. One thing I hadn't realised, is that we shall pass through Utah, so a new state for me.

Part of the tour goes on Route 66. Nothing new to me obviously but this time though I'll be going in the reverse direction and I can't wait to get back on those switchbacks out of Oatman, decking the Road King's footboards on the hairpins whilst trying to avoid the burro sh*t!

Watch out for me posting the map/link on the blog, so you can all follow my progress......virtual pillions!



No comments:

Post a Comment