Tuesday 4 June 2013

T minus 8

With a shade over 8 days till we fly, I have started to do some proper packing/prepping. I've ID'd what I'll be wearing to fly out, so the rest I know is going in the case. Still a few things (I'm about 85% done) to go in but pleasantly surprised to weigh the case at just over 16kgs, well within the 23kgs weight limit for a long hauler. I might even have room to squeeze my running gear in, just so I can keep those US calories, which obviously are much bigger than our own, at bay. Talking of which, I shall be weighing myself before I set off.

I ordered some bits and pieces online at the weekend, US plug adaptors, etc and yesterday I picked up my train tickets for the out and return journeys to Heathrow. Tomorrow I'll be picking up some greenbacks or beer tokens as I prefer to think of them as!

The laptop is now packed in my second bag, along with my crash helmet. My camera will also go in there.  I have also packed up my camera and the bits I'll need to attach it to the Harley. I've given it a charge and re-acquainted myself with the instructions. Hopefully this time I won't end up recording anything upside down! Cath's son Alex is going to lend me his battery and a spare memory card. I reckon with space on my laptop and the two cards, I'll have enough gigabytes for 50 hours of video. Might take a while to upload to U-tube, eh?  Go-pro will be in my main case but surrounded by t-shirts, etc, to give it some protection.

Finally, I have put up the route map at work for the boys and mini-me is all ready to go, sitting purposefully on the Los Angeles marker!

No comments:

Post a Comment